Saturday, May 06, 2017

An ill-timed vacation

Back in prehistory, in October, my wife and I booked a long-postponed trip to Italy -- for now. So here I am, watching the ACA apparently about to get gutted, from a distance.  I saw last night the horrible posse of senators assigned to task. I imagine the only glimmer of hope is that moderates will balk, and I've always considered them squish. Glimmer 2: House and Senate can't agree. Glimmer 3: some crisis, hopefully not world- or democracy-ending, distracts everyone.  Ping me if any such glimmer peeks through.


2 comments:

  1. Good for you. I will miss your thinking and writing but there will be time for that after your vacation. Just enjoy your wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you talking about? All quiet around here. Nothing to see, that's for sure. Really, just business as usual. It's so dull, Trump is considering a "press holiday" along the lines of FDR's bank holiday when he took office. That's not to say there aren't a couple of distractions, but it's just mundane stuff like destroying American healthcare and some nonsense about Russia that no one cares about. (If this is on your phone, please delete it before you go through immigration when you get back to the States. No reason, really, just helping you keep your devices from getting cluttered up with ephemera.)

    ReplyDelete